“No one is born a great cook, one learns by doing. Learn how to cook, try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all, have fun!”Julia Child, My Life in France
My mom loves to tell people that as a little girl, my dream was to be a cowgirl pizza maker.
Now, while my dreams have shifted a teensy bit, my love for food has never dissipated.
If anything, my joy for exploring new flavors and textures has grown exponentially with time!
My heart lives for exploring new places, flavors, and textures. If that sounds up your alley, take a gander at some of my posts where I attempt to marry my love of food with my passion for writing!
Read about my latest food adventures:
- Happy Mid-Autumn Festival! 中秋节快乐！
- Chengdu 成都: The “Special Flavor” of Sichuan food
- Songyang 松阳: Damunshan Tea Fields and Old Street
- It’s Mulberry Season!
- The Sad Closure of Lishui’s Only Walmart
- Harbin 哈尔滨 Part 1: A Merry Christmas in the “Moscow of the Orient”
- Hong Kong香港: Asia’s World City Part I Kowloon
- 10 Tips on Eating in China: A guide to Chinese Table Manners and Dining Etiquette
- Xiamen厦门: Barcelona of the East, Garden on the Sea
- Shaxicun She Minority Village and Dongxi Rock
New posts in your inbox
Hi, I’m Steph. While working full-time as a literature and drama history teacher in China, I started this blog to share about my experiences navigating life between races and cultures. Now, when I’m not spending time with my wonderful husband, I continue to write about travel, teaching, and identity politics. Read more
Let’s hang out!